You are searching about Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A, today we will share with you article about Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A is useful to you.
Reasons to Visit Cyprus in the Winter
Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean, attracting over 2,000,000 visitors each year. The island has something for everyone, including friendly people, an amazing beach, a charming mountain village, family resorts, a marina, a thriving agri-tourism scene, world-class spas and award-winning golf courses designed by golf legends. . On your cheap holidays in Cyprus, follow the tradition of Cypriot cuisine and explore the islands new wine routes celebrating 40 new wines that have been developed on the island in recent years. Six wine routes criss-cross the island, featuring some of the best boutique wines. Cyprus wine production dates back nearly 5000 years. The warm waters of Cyprus are perfect for swimming and water skiing while adventure seekers can explore this beautiful island on hiking or bird watching tours.
So why go to Cyprus for your winter sun holiday? Apart from holiday packages that are at their lowest prices at this time of the year, the following are just a few reasons why Cyprus is a perfect choice for your holidays during the winter season.
1. The average winter daytime temperature across Cyprus rarely drops below 20C making it an ideal time to explore the island and all it has to offer. With 340 days of sunshine a year you can be sure to catch some rays throughout December and January. The island’s stunning blue-flag beaches enjoy sea temperatures in the high teens during the winter months, allowing you to tan on New Year’s Day!
2. Christmas in Cyprus is a wonderful time with ancient traditions and many delicious Cypriot foods. A local specialty is that crosses wrapped in basil and sprinkled with holy water are hung at the door of a house to ward off kallikantzari (goblin-like spirits), which are said to do evil during the twelve days of Christmas. Towns and villages across the island celebrate Christmas with magical processions accompanied by carols (carols) handed down from generation to generation since the Byzantine era. The main festival is held on Christmas Day in Eleftheria (Freedom) Square, Lefkosia. Larnaca hosts one of the most dramatic services on January 5th when young swimmers run for the cross they return to the priest.
3. Winters cannot be excluded from the colorful islands of the year-round culture. Concerts and events take place all over Cyprus, from local bands, choirs, orchestras, dancers and groups to Viva Verdi – New Moscow Opera in Rialto, Limassol. Eleftheria Square in Nicosia is the place to be with live performances every day in the last two weeks of December with free entertainment every Sunday at the entrance to the Pafos Mosaics near the harbor.
4. Cypriots love their food which plays a big role in their Christmas celebrations. Christopsomo (Christ Bread) along with dried figs, walnuts and honey is eaten on Christmas Eve with the stuffed turkey, roast chicken and roast lamb traditionally served on Christmas Day. If you have a sweet tooth you will love traditional cakes like kourabiedes (small almond cake covered in icing sugar), melomakarona (traditional honey cake) and finikia (coconut cake). If you fancy a traditional British Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, you won’t be disappointed as most hotels follow UK traditions with traditional British food and festive decorations.
5. Christmas is an important day for families in Cyprus that the 1st of January is the Feast of St. Basil, which is the equivalent of St. Nicholas. This is the main day of giving. Downtown Limassol hosts some of the best Christmas parties but most hotels celebrate in style. Visitors should celebrate Christmas in Cyprus with a slice of Vassilopitta (St Basils Cake) baked with a silver or gold coin to bring good luck to whoever finds it.
6. Visiting Cyprus for relaxation and relaxation. In recent years the island has seen the opening of many high-quality spas and health grounds, which combined with the good year-round climate and varied terrain offer a great way to recharge your batteries. Challenging yoga poses and relaxing spa breaks combined with treatments native to Cyprus, such as the chance to immerse yourself in the healing waters at Ayii Anargyri, will leave you feeling completely relaxed and alive.
7. Car hire is particularly cheap at this time of year which gives visitors the chance to explore this amazing island under their own steam. The Cyprus Tourism Organization has partnered with the Travel Foundation to create 6 self-drive routes that will take you to some of the most beautiful and exclusive parts of the island’s interior.
Just a four-hour flight from the UK, December holidays in Cyprus remain a popular winter sun holiday choice with visitors from the UK and all over – the 136,000 Brits who visited the island last year can’t be wrong!
Video about Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
You can see more content about Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
If you have any questions about Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
way Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
tutorial Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A
Old Fashioned Christmas Towns To Visit In The U.S.A free
#Reasons #Visit #Cyprus #Winter