You are searching about Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management, today we will share with you article about Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management is useful to you.
The Role of Mobile Libraries in Supporting Education
A Mobile Library refers to a well-equipped and equipped vehicle or bus that visits schools on a regular schedule, with a collection of resources that may be borrowed by students and teachers. It can also be used to upgrade a school’s resource pool by paying out block loans. This library model operates from a central library/resource repository, such as a local or regional educational resource center. The mobile library service was mainly started to reduce the demands of library service in the main libraries by reaching out to the general population with the sole aim of providing accurate and up-to-date information to meet the needs of rural schools.
Butdisuwan (2000), defined the Mobile library as a library that serves communities and places that are far from a local library. They are usually operated from Monday to Friday and sometimes on Saturdays.
Knight (2006), defined the Mobile Library as a great vehicle for use as a library. It is designed to hold books on shelves so that books are easily accessible to readers when the vehicle is stationary. The vehicle used usually has enough space for people to read the book inside it. They are often used to provide library services to villages and suburbs that do not have library facilities. They can also serve groups that have difficulty accessing library services.
Niemand (2004), defined the Mobile library as a library in a large scale that provides a live service to people who cannot go to their nearest local library.
Requirements for the operation of the mobile Library
Some of the requirements needed to operate such a service are as follows:
• Teacher-Library to manage the public service;
• Library assistant and driver;
• Fuel, maintenance and license financing;
• Optional online information and distribution services, connected to the parent education library management system, via laptop and scanner;
• A service level agreement with relevant schools that clearly defines roles and responsibilities between schools and service providers;
• A schedule of regular visits, according to school conditions;
• A dedicated budget for collection development and operating expenses;
• Continuous training for teachers who have access to the collection; and a
• Monitoring and reporting mechanism (Knight, 2006).
The role of Mobile Libraries in supporting education
Libraries and information centers do not exist in a vacuum. There is always a sound mind to their operations. Therefore, the following reasons explain the importance of mobile libraries:
• Reach out to other schools as schools move towards developing their school library and information services;
• The school library resource is regularly updated by the mobile library service, as the selection is based on the needs of the schools visited;
• This service is especially useful in rural schools, when there is a lack of organizational capacity and a lack of space to build a suitable library;
• Participate in resource sharing that allows students and teachers to access multiple resources;
• Help teachers develop students to become information literate and study habits;
• Have other learning interventions such as music, art, science and technology learning programs as part of the School Library and Information Service Program, which will benefit all students.
• User groups and their information needs in remote communities or other areas where library services are currently unable to stimulate or meet the demand for information;
• Extend your services to reach the physically challenged;
• Mobile libraries provide reading materials to different schools according to their different learning needs. Picture books with less complex illustrations, word and information books with many pictures are chosen for the preparatory level class;
• They play an important role in times of crisis by directing many stakeholders such as citizens, professionals and politicians by providing reliable sources of information;
• Making permanent connections with the school community by establishing a permanent partnership by helping to establish the habit and culture of reading in the communities;
• Provide audio-visual session programs and user education especially when new users are introduced to their services; and
• Provide reference materials such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, maps, atlases and globes for their patrons as a comprehensive source of information and references (Beenham and Harrison, 1990).
Challenges Faced in Operational Mobile Library Services
Mobile Libraries services are not without challenges. This has many problems which are described below:
• Resources are limited and there is a chance that appropriate resources may be selected first at another school. The Mobile Library is medium in size and reference in nature and can often accommodate less than fifty (50) users at a time. At the same time, it lacks some facilities, such as bibliographic instructions and library catalog, which are the keys to maintaining a library;
• Lack of study space and insufficient time to browse the mobile library. Each class is given thirty (30) minutes to use the library, usually depending on the size of the school population and the length of the visit. As the number of children and classes in schools increases, time and space are reduced to satisfy all;
• Additionally, lack of adequately trained and qualified staff is another challenge of mobile library operation. Often times, mobile library staff do not have the necessary library skills;
• Financial constraints also make it a challenge to operate a mobile library. A mobile library requires a recurring revenue and expense due to its continuous use by users to replenish its dwindling resources over a period of time;
• Service Management can be problematic, as schools must be responsible for what is borrowed;
• Remoteness and terrain present challenges, especially as service is limited by the number of buses serving rural areas;
• Buses can also be a target for thieves, especially if they carry computers; and
• Donated buses that have been pre-decorated from other countries need to be serviced locally, while incurring the additional cost of import clearance costs.
In fact, the mobile library service is one of the most important services that libraries and Information Services use to fulfill their goals and objectives. There is great potential in using mobile library services to support local or stationary library services, but there are also many challenges. Therefore, it should be committed by the governments of nations, Education Directors, Librarians, and national library administrations, to achieve quality and sustainability in the development and improvement of mobile library services. Only with their active participation will mobile library services change the teaching and learning process in education.
Video about Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
You can see more content about Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
If you have any questions about Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
way Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
tutorial Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management
Schools That Offer A Degree In Fashion Merchandising And Management free
#Role #Mobile #Libraries #Supporting #Education