You are searching about When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion, today we will share with you article about When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion is useful to you.
If You Write It, It Will Come – 10 Goal Setting Techniques To Use When Writing Down Your Goals
10 Goal Setting Techniques To Use When Writing Your Goals
I’m sure you’ve heard at one time or another that you should write down your goals. Chances are you may have even done this at some point in your life. While the act of writing down your goals is important, even more important is your overall approach to goal setting. It may not be enough to simply write down a goal, especially if you end up forgetting it. Below are 10 goal setting techniques to use when writing your goals.
1. Be Specific: The more specific you are when you write down your goals, the more likely you are to achieve them. Our subconscious mind is extremely powerful, and we all have the ability to guide it. It is for this reason that you must describe exactly what you want. When you write down a goal think of it as instructions for your subconscious. The more specific you are the better. If you just write down a goal like “buy a house” you really have given your mind very little to work on. The more specific you are, the easier it is for your brain to accept it, and as a result you will begin to take the necessary action to achieve it. By providing detailed instructions – such as “Buy a Mediterranean-style house by the beach with six bedrooms, a pool, a large back yard and a 4-car garage” – your mind assumes that you are giving it directions to get exactly what it wants. you want Simply writing “buy a house” gets lost in the shuffle and pushed aside while you focus on seemingly more specific goals.
2. Stay Positive: Write your goals positively rather than negatively. Avoid writing “stop being lazy” or “don’t go to work late.” Instead, write “be active” or “go to work on time.” Your subconscious will not differentiate between a negative and a positive command and will accept the instructions in their entirety without judgment. So even though your intentions may be good, your mind will still hear words like “stop”, “lazy”, “don’t” and “late” which all have negative connotations. The more positive you keep your instructions, the more positive your results.
3. Hold yourself accountable: Tell the people close to you about your goals. This does not mean that you should go and tell everyone that you know how rich you are going to be. It means you should tell a few people who are close to you about the goals you have set. By telling them what your goals are you are making a statement. You are putting yourself and your credibility on the line. It is very easy to slack off and become lazy when you are the only one who knows about your goals. When you tell other people, especially the people who know you best, you make yourself accountable. It’s amazing what people are willing to do to save face. No one wants to be embarrassed by not doing what they said they were going to do.
4. Make Them Visible: Put your goals in a place where you can see them. It does no good to write down a goal then put the paper you wrote it on in a drawer or file where you will never see it. It’s kind of like making a grocery list then leaving it at home when you go to the market. Put your goals in a prominent place where you will see them every day. I keep mine on the wall that I see while sitting at my desk. The purpose is simple… repetition is the mother of learning. The more you see your goals the more you condition your mind to achieve them.
5. Words are Everything: Avoid weak words and use the present tense when setting the goal. NEVER use the word Try it. To me, one of the weakest words in the English language is Try it. The word, by its very nature, is limiting. It sets you up for failure rather than success. Don’t use other words that give you the ability to set aside the achievement of your goal. Writing “I will lose weight” or “I will lose weight” implies that it will happen in the future but has no urgency. The subconscious mind thinks it can put aside a goal that doesn’t seem urgent. Write your goals in the present tense, first person, as if they are true right now… like “I’m losing weight” or “lose 2 pounds every week.”
6. Look: Part of conditioning your subconscious mind is the conscious act of visualization. Once you have written down your specific goals take the time of day to focus on seeing them happen in your mind. If you want to travel to the Bahamas, for example, think about actually being there. Imagine yourself sitting on the beach enjoying your favorite drink or sailing on a yacht in the crystal blue water. The more detailed your visualization the better. This is best done in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed, but you can really do this any time during the day. Think of it as constructive daydreaming.
7. Distribute them: You should break your goals down into daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals. I prefer to use this method rather than short term or long term because it is not specific enough. By setting specific target dates for your goals, you are telling your subconscious when you want to achieve them. It will also allow you to have some order to your goals, so they don’t all come together. Of course, daily goals will be very different from goals that will take a year or more to complete. Think of this practice as a way to keep track of your goals. It makes sense to do this, as any profitable business sets goals in the same way.
8. Make an Association: After you have written down your specific goals find something that will inspire you to achieve them. Find an object or picture that reminds you of each specific goal. For example, if you want a car find a picture of that car and place it right next to your written target. Even better would be to find a physical object that represents your goal. If, for example, you want to buy a new house then you can find a doorknocker that represents that goal. Then, when you accomplish that goal, you can use that same doorknocker in your new home. Get creative with this goal setting technique!
9. Rewrite: You must rewrite your goals regularly. Just as we as people change over time, so will our goals. Make it a habit to rewrite your goals as often as you can. Take this opportunity to update your goals and make them even more specific. Feel free to reframe the goals you have yet to achieve because sometimes that makes all the difference.
10. Read, Read and Read: The last technique is undoubtedly the most important one. You must read your goals DAILY. By now you should realize that goal setting is really about conditioning your subconscious. By reading your goals (preferably out loud) you are literally telling yourself to achieve them. I cannot stress this enough. When you read your goals you’re not just reminding yourself of them… you’re commanding action. If you just remove this rule I have done my job. Read your goals every day and I assure you that you will have great results.
If you follow all the rules above I am confident that you will start taking the necessary action to reach your goals. Remember, goal setting isn’t complicated…it just needs to be done the right way!
Video about When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
You can see more content about When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
If you have any questions about When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
way When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
tutorial When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion
When Did Type Writers Stop Going Out Of Fashion free
#Write #Goal #Setting #Techniques #Writing #Goals